P3 UNSDG Workshop - Water
The SDGs are a collection of 17 global goals established by the UN in 2015 to address various social, economic, and environmental challenges faced by the world.
Goal 6 specifically focuses on water and sanitation, and it aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. The specific targets under SDG 6 are:
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water for all.
- Ensure access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all, and end open defecation.
- Improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping, and minimizing the release of hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Increase water-use efficiency and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity.
- Implement integrated water resources management at all levels to protect water-related ecosystems.
- Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management.
To achieve these targets, various stakeholders, including governments, organizations, and individuals, collaborate and implement measures that promote water conservation, access to clean water and sanitation facilities, and sustainable water management practices worldwide.
doyourbit.xyz workshops focus on encouraging youngsters to find solutions through technology creating working models. Schools and Universities can connect with for a demo session.